Thursday, January 14, 2010

Burke Sleep Bootcamp

So today is a big day at our house, we are starting Sidney Kate in Burke Sleep Bootcamp. We have been having issues with her during the night for the past two weeks and have decided it is now time to handle it. I am so sad that we are having to do this but tonight I will not be going to get her when she wakes and is crying. SK is so used to falling asleep in someone else's arms so that when she wakes in the middle of the night, she is not sure how to fall back asleep on her own. She will wake and start crying in her crib, she will cry until you go and get her and then she is immediately fine and falls back to sleep within seconds. I have been reading books and Reilly and I have decided on a plan. We are going to let her cry for a few minutes then go in there and let her know we are here and she will be okay then turn around and walk out, then wait for 15 minutes of crying and go back in to let her know once again we are here and not leaving her. This is a continued cycle until she finally gives up and falls asleep. I know this is going to be so hard on Reilly and I and my heart hurts thinking about it but I know this is the best for all of us. Please have us in your prayers for the next week or so that this transition goes as smoothly as can be and that our hearts don't break having to hear our precious little girl cry.

On a lighter note, there is something about little girls and big hair bows! As soon as I put a bow in her hair and pull out the camera, Sidney Kate started haming it up!

Reilly put Sidney Kate in his house shoes today and she got so excited and started clapping her hands. Can you believe she is standing up against the couch all by hereslf. Does this mean we are going to have an early walker on our hands? This could be very scary!!

1 comment:

  1. The pic in Reilly's house shoes she looks like Duncan, ha! Must be the hair line & ears :) I can't believe she's standing up by herself. Go SK, I give her another month or two before she's walking.

    I hope Boot Camp goes over well. Hey if it works you can come to my house next. Karter was still up at 10:45pm last night and woke up this morning at 7:45am no problems. The child just doesn't need sleep. Duncan Jr. for sure!!

    ReplyDelete